Insert song lyrics here.
1. Jour du Macaron. On March 20th, every cent donated towards cystic fibrosis gets a free macaron at all participating bakeries, pâtisserie powerhouse Pierre Hermé included. The joyous day happily falls on my birthday every year where I join the swarms of frantic gourmandes and Japanese tourists on a passionate mission for macarons and a cure for cystic fibrosis.
2. Competitive terraces. When the cafés turn off their outdoor heat lamps, the competition for the best terraces begins. It’s anybody’s game for the most prime real estate in town for people watching and sporadic rays of sunshine. A humble glass of Côtes du Rhône is certainly worth the price of admission.
Le Petit Fer à Cheval 30 rue Vieille du Temple 75004 Paris
3. Daffodil bouquets. This is the earliest symbol of springtime, often peddled outside of every supermarket and Metro stop on the streets of Paris.
4. The return of strawberries. With seasonal produce a prized staple in France, the first sign of anything sweet and fragile is reason enough to swear off root vegetables for as long as possible.
5. A city in bloom! Every outdoor surface in Paris becomes an open invitation for picnicking and public drinking alike.
Viva la France!
. . . . .
Was tempted to do 1
Thank goodness you did an odd number! x
Inspiring and gorgeous, as always.
A marvelous posting! Your artwork makes me feel springtime in my bones. Many, many thanks!